English Assistant Instructor
SciTech2U is seeking talented and dynamic individuals who have an interest in teaching and tutoring English Language Arts to K-12 students. This is an excellent opportunity to jumpstart a career in teaching and learning from highly skilled lead instructors. This position is ideal for college students or high school juniors/seniors.
- Some courses in English or writing-intensive subjects preferred
- Experience or interest in teaching/tutoring writing subjects highly desirable
- Excellent writing and writing mechanics skills
- Some experience working with children in an education or camp environment is highly desirable
- Dependable, punctual and responsible individual with high energy and a child-friendly personality
- Ability to work independently in a classroom setting to confidently manage children from diverse backgrounds
- Availability to be flexible to work weekdays, after-school and/or during evenings and holiday breaks (winter and spring)
- Perform team-based activities with staff and students
- Help children build critical thinking and problem-solving skills in their writing
- Participate in periodic training and staff meetings, as recommended
- Assist instructors in teaching and monitoring students in the use of writing and mechanics supplementary tools and work products
- Perform instructional English and writing activities, maintaining student-to-teacher ratio of 10:1, and performing writing tutoring to groups (3-5 students) and one-on-one tutoring.
- Assist in maintain a classroom climate that is nurturing, welcoming, and supports a positive learning environment
- Willingness to work in face-to-face and/or virtual environments
- Must agree to and pass a background check paid for by SciTech2u
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript
- Availability to work during afterschool hours (3:00 pm – 5:00 pm), Monday through Friday (one - three days/week) during academic school year, September-June, and/or summer session (8:30 am – 3:30 pm), Monday through Friday over the course of four weeks in July. Hours are subject to negotiation and candidate’s availability.